Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.


Our telephone number is: 07598 920 922


Our email address is:


Our address is: Victoria Park, London, E2 0NN



07598 920 922

Calder Wine Company Carignane 2015

Red Wines

Calder Wine Company Carignane 2015


Calder Wine Company Carignane 2015


The Calder Wine Co Carignane is produced from fruit from two organic sites in Mendocino. 80% fruit came from the Rovera vineyard, planted in 1942 on sandy-quartz soils, and the remaining 20% came from the Cemetry vineyard; a dry farmed site planted in 1954 on gravelly soils. The fruit was vinified according to site - all destemmed, fermented without additions and with fermentation lasting around about 12 days, with regular punch downs. Two new barrels were selected for the 15 month ageing period, the rest were neutral oak. Blended in March 2017, the wine underwent light filtration on bottling.

The two blocks bring very different characteristics - Road 1 brings density and savoury notes, whilst Cemetery brings more lifted aromas and precise fruit. The palate is rich and generous, with an intensely savoury edge to the fruit: blackberry and raspberry aromas, with stones, smoke, celery salt and and wild herbs.


Mid to dark crimson. Sweet start and very winning. Masses of fruit and not much of the variety’s rawness. Good stuff  . Jancis Robinson MW

Concentrated and ripe with sweet berry fruits and a bit of spiciness. There’s some sweetness to the fruit, and maybe a hint of spicy oak. Nice grip here with lovely freshness and direct fruit. Some raspberry and cherry on the finish. 92/100. Dr Jamie Goode, The Wine Anorak.

The man behind Calder Wine Co is Rory Williams - of somewhat royal winemaking blood! His father is the owner-winemaker of Frogs Leap, whilst his mother founded Tres Sabores. When not working in the vineyards at Frogs Leap, Rory makes a small quantity of wine under his own label, Calder, using cultivars that have a long history in the place where he was born, honouring the sites, his winemaking idols, and what makes Napa, Napa. Rory wants his wines to relay the history and tradition of this extraordinary region. Having seen the success at both estates with organic and dry land farming, Rory sought out parcels of vines that tick these boxes, as well as them each having the advantage of age.

Add To Cart